1. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление инфинитива:
1) Не was too astonished to speak.
2) To fulfil this task was not easy.
3) I want you to consider the matter at once.
4) It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance.
5) The work to be done here will take much time.
6) I have come here to help you.
7) Our task is to master English.
8) The problem to be discussed at our meeting is very important.
9) To walk in bad weather is not pleasant.
2. Измените следующие предложения по образцу, употребляя инфинитив после оборота It takes (took, will take). Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: I walked to the station in ten minutes. It took me ten minutes to walk to the station.
1) I finished my exercises in an hour.
2) She learned to speak English well in only a year.
3) I wrote my composition in thirty minutes.
4) The train went around the mountain in three hours.
5) They finished the bridge in two years.
6) We walk to school every morning in about fifteen minutes.
7) You will get there in about an hour.
8) She will take all afternoon to prepare the meal.
9) She recovered from her illness in two months.
3. Замените инфинитив, данный в скобках, соответствующей формой герундия и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) There is little chance (to see) them today.
2) My friend is very quick in (to learn) foreign languages.
3) Is this film worth (to see)?
4) It is a question of (to find) the right man for the position.
5) There is no use (to telephone) Pete. He is not at home now.
6) (To see) is (to believe).
7) He needs much more drill in (to spell).
8) Mr. Smith always takes great pleasure in (to help) others.
4. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление причастий:
1) Не speaks like a man having his opinion of everything.
2) At the conference they discussed new methods used in building.
3) The article translated by the student is very interesting.
4) While translating the article she used a dictionary.
5) Once started, the matter will take care of itself.
6) And having said this, he took his hat and went away.
7) Being asked what he thought of this plan, the student said that he approved of it.
8) A new road will soon be built joining the plant with the railway station.
5. Определите формы с окончанием -ing и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) I don't like being spoken to in such a manner.
2) You can master the language by speaking English every day.
3) You surprised me by not having done this work in time.
4) I thought of the question being discussed at the meeting.
5) She never did a thing without asking somebody's advice.
6) Reading aloud is very useful.
7) She likes being invited to the theatre.
8) I heard the singing of a bird.
9) She does not like reading aloud.
10) He likes being told such stories.
11) It being very late, we had to return home.
12) The meeting was held at the beginning of the working day.
6. Употребите сказуемое в следующих предложениях в Present Perfect Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: Не has worked at the plant for many years. He has been working at the plant for many years.- Он работает на этом заводе в течение многих лет.
1) They have talked for more than an hour.
2) She has taught English for ten years.
3) He has done very little work recently.
4) They have argued about that for more than two hours.
5) They have lived in Moscow since 1953.
6) We have used this textbook since January.
7) They have travelled all over Europe.
7. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: She has been feeling well recently. Has she been feeling well recently? She has not been feeling well recently.
1) She has been teaching there many years.
2) They have been waiting here a long time.
3) She has been taking music lessons many years.
4) They have been discussing the matter all day long.
5) You have been studying English a long time.
6) It has been raining like this for an hour.
7) He has been working for that firm for ten years.
8. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на времена группы Perfect Continuous:
1) Не has been doing that same kind of work for many years.
2) Have you been looking through these magazines long?
3) For how long have you already been doing your morning exercises?
4) He had been speaking for an hour and a half when he decided to have an interval.
5) They had been waiting long before the train arrived.
6) We felt very tired because we had been working for many hours.
7) They will have been working at this problem not less than two years if they complete it this year.
8) He has been attending that school for four years.
9. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным, обращая внимание на времена группы Indefinite:
Образец: They build many new houses every year. Many new houses are built every year.
1) They did not adopt the resolution yesterday.
2) The teacher will examine the students next week.
3) They will translate this book into English next year.
4) Meteorologists collect weather reports from all parts of the country.
5) He wrote that book last year.
6) She reads English books every day.
10. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным, обращая внимание на времена группы Continuous:
Образец: They are building a new house in our street. A new house is being built in our street.
1) They were discussing this problem when we came in.
2) The students are writing a dictation now.
3) She was reading a letter when I entered the room.
4) They will be working with this text when you return.
5) At seven o'clock, when you telephoned, I was reading the newspaper.
6) The students are taking examinations in the next room.
11. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным, обращая внимание на времена группы Perfect:
Образец: They have built a new house in our street. A new house has been built in our street.
1) Soviet scientists have made many wonderful discoveries.
2) They will have published this book by the end of the year.
3) He has done very little work recently.
4) By Saturday he had found all the necessary material.
5) She had finished her work by this time yesterday.
6) The students had translated the text before the bell rang.
12. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на форму глагола придаточных предложений:
1) Не said that he had read this book twice.
2) We thought that the results of your work would be better.
3) The boy said that he was only eight years old.
4) I knew that he would refuse to help me.
5) He was sure that I should come in time.
6) She thought that the letter had been written by her friend.
7) They said that it had been raining from five till seven.
8) She said that she could not give me this book because she had promised to give it to her sister.
13. Употребите глагол-сказуемое главного предложения в Past Indefinite и сделайте соответствующие изменения в придаточном предложении. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: Нe says that he will go to the library. Нe said that he would go to the library.- Он сказал, что пойдет в библиотеку.
1) She says that she can read English books in the original.
2) He is sure that he will pass his examinations.
3) We know that our friends went to the South a week ago.
4) I think that he is having his music lesson now.
5) We know that both he and his sister like sport.
6) Do you know that they arrived in Moscow yesterday?
7) I don't think that she has come home.
8) I'm, certain that nobody will think him a stranger.
14. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужной форме времени и залога, соблюдая правило согласования времен. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) She said that she (to know) English very well.
2) We knew that they (to come) to visit us next Sunday.
3) John said that he (to go) away on Wednesday.
4) People were sure that soon a spaceship (to fly) to other planets.
5) We were informed that many scientists (to work) at the problem of radioactivity.
6) They thought the flight (to be) successful.
7) He said that the telegram (to come) that day.
15. Преобразуйте следующие предложения из прямой речи в косвенную. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: Не said, "I will be here at noon." He said that he would be here at noon.- Он сказал, что будет здесь днем.
1) Mary said, "the train will probably arrive in time."
2) He said, "I have to finish this report by five o'clock."
3) The doctor said, "Mr. Smith will improve quickly."
4) Ann said to me, "I am leaving in the morning."
5) The teacher said, "Everyone has to write a composition."
6) John said, "I saw this film last week."
7) Ann said, "I have finished studying my lesson."
8) The man said, "The telephone is out of order."
16. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future Indefinite и переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If you study, you (to pass) your exam. If you study, you will pass your exam.- Если вы будете заниматься, вы сдадите экзамен.
1) If I finish my work in time, I (to go) to the ball game.
2) If I see Henry, I (to give) him your message.
3) If you don't hurry, we (to be) late for class.
4) If the weather is nice tomorrow, we (to go) to the beach.
5) If he fails the test, he (to have) to repeat the course.
6) If I have time tomorrow, I (to go) shopping with you.
7) If he arrives in time, I (to speak) to him.
17. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Indefinite и переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If you (to study), you will pass your exam. If you study, you will pass your exam.- Если вы будете заниматься, вы сдадите экзамен.
1) If I (to find) the book, I will give it to you.
2) If the weather (to be) warm, we shall go to the park.
3) If you (turn) out the light, we shall be in the dark.
4) If you (to drive) slowly, you won't have any accidents.
5) If you (to learn) how to swim, you can go with us to the beach on Sundays.
6) If the train (to be) late, we won't be able to see them.
7) If you (to study) hard, you can easily pass your exam.
18. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Indefinite и переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If you (to study), you would pass your exam. If you studied, you would pass your exam, - Если бы вы занимались, вы бы сдали экзамен.
1) If he (to know) grammar better, he would make fewer mistakes.
2) If we (to leave) right away, we could be there in an hour.
3) If you (to take) the noon train, you would get there about four o'clock.
4) If he not (to waste) so much time in class, he would make better progress.
5) If I not (to have) to work today, I would go to the park with you.
6) If I (to know) English better, I would read some English books.
7) If I (to know) her well, I would speak to her.
19. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future-in-the-Past и переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If you studied, you (to pass) your exam. If you studied, you would pass your exam.- Если бы вы занимались, вы бы сдали экзамен.
1) If he attended class regularly, he (to make) good progress.
2) If he went to bed earlier, he not (to feel) so tired.
3) If she prepared her homework every day, she (to get) better marks.
4) If I saw her, I (to give) her your message.
5) If it were not cold, there (to be) no snow on the ground.
6) If I didn't need this book myself, I (to let) you have it.
7) If I came to Moscow, I (to visit) my friends.
20. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Perfect и переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If I (to have) time yesterday, I should have gone to the -party. If I had had time yesterday, I should have gone to the party.- Если бы у меня было время вчера, я бы пошел на вечер.
1) If I (to know) about this yesterday, I should have worried all day long.
2) If the weather (to be) nice yesterday, we should have gone to the park.
3) If I (to know) you were living in Moscow, I should have looked you up.
4) If I (to wear) a raincoat, I shouldn't have got wet.
5) If I (to receive) your message, I should have come at once.
6) If you (to tell) her the truth, she wouldn't have been so angry.
7) If he (to have) your address, he would have written to you.
21. Употребите Past Indefinite после союза if, сделав соответствующие изменения в главном предложении. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: If John comes, he will help us. If John came, he would help us.- Если бы Джон пришел, он бы помог нам.
1) If she studies hard, she will pass her examinations.
2) If I see her, I shall give her your message.
3) If they work hard, they will learn English.
4) If Mary is present, the party will be a success.
5) If we hurry, we can get there by two o'clock.
6) If I don't have to study, I shall go to the movie with you.
7) If you turn out the lights, we shall be in the dark.
22. Употребите Past Perfect после союза if, сделав соответствующие изменения в главном предложении:
Образец: If John comes, he will help us. If John had come then, he would have helped us.
1) If they invite me, I shall go with them.
2) If it rains, we shall not go.
3) If I feel better, I shall go with you.
4) If I am not busy, I shall be glad to accompany you.
5) If she saves her money, she will be able to go on a vacation.
6) If I have no time this week, I shall not be able to join your excursion.
7) If she sits in the sun too long, she will get sick.
23. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Подчеркните в придаточных предложениях глаголы в сослагательном наклонении:
1) It would have saved you a lot of time if you had prepared for your experiment more carefully.
2) If it were possible to live on the Moon, people would be able to jump about six times as high as they can on the Earth.
3) If he were here now, he would tell us many interesting stories about his trip.
4) If she could, she would certainly help you.
5) It they had had enough time they would have repeated their experiment.
6) Had we known all those facts before, we should have written you about them long ago.
7) Should she come, let her wait a little.
8) If he were here, he would demonstrate the diagrams to us.
24.Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление глагола should:
1) Не should spend more time on his homework.
2) They should not make so much noise.
3) You should learn as many new words as possible.
4) You should ask permission before doing it.
5) He should take more physical exercises.
6) He should not waste so much time on unimportant details.
7) You really should go and see a doctor.
25. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление глаголов should, would:
1) She said he would come here in time.
2) If we had started earlier, we should not have missed the train.
3) He would experiment much to get better results.
4) If we had tested this material earlier, we should have used it in our construction work.
5) I should like to carry out research work in the field of engineering materials.
6) You should understand the principle on which a rocket operates.
7) If they had solved the problem, their experiments would have been completed.
26. Заполните пропуски словами well или good и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) Не does his work ... .2) She plays the piano very ... . 3) He is a ... student. 4) This pen does not work ... . 5) Our lesson today was very ... . 6) These exercises are very ... for us. 7) It is really a very ... pen. 8) John plays tennis ... . 9) His brother is also a ... tennis player. 10) She speaks French ... . 11) She is a ... student of languages. 12) The weather today is very ... .
Ключ к контрольно-тренировочным упражнениям
3. 1) seeing; 2) learning; 3) seeing; 4) finding; 5) telephoning; 6) seeing, believing; 7) spelling; 8) helping.
6. 1) have been talking; 2) has been teaching; 3) has been doing; 4) have been arguing; 5) have been living; 6) have been using; 7) have been travelling.
9. 1) was not adopted; 2) will be examined; 3) will be translated; 4) are collected; 5) was written; 6) are read.
10. 1) was being discussed; 2) is being written; 3) was being read; 4) will be worked; 5) was being read; 6) are being taken.
11. 1) have been made; 2) will have been published; 3) has been done; 4) had been found; 5) had been finished; 6) had been translated.
13. 1) said, could read; 2) was sure, would pass; 3) knew, had gone; 4) thought, was having; 5) knew, liked; 6) did, had arrived; 7) didn't think, had come; 8) was certain, would think.
14. 1) knew; 2) would come; 3) would go; 4) would fly; 5) were working; 6) would be; 7) had come.
16. 1) shall go; 2) shall give; 3) shall be; 4) shall go; 5) will have; 6) shall go; 7) shall speak.
17. 1) find; 2) is; 3) turn; 4) drive; 5) learn; 6) is; 7) study.
18. 1) knew; 2) left; 3) took; 4) did not waste; 5) did not have; 6) knew; 7) knew.
19. 1) would make; 2) would not feel; 3) would get; 4) should give; 5) would be; 6) should let; 7) should visit.
20. 1) had known; 2) had been; 3) had known; 4) had worn; 5) had received; 6) had told; 7) had had.
21. 1) studied, would pass; 2) saw, should give; 3) worked, would learn; 4) was present, would be; 5) hurried, could get; 6) didn't have, should go; 7) turned out, should be.
22. 1) had invited, should have gone; 2) had rained, should not have gone; 3) had felt, should have gone; 4) had not been busy, should have been; 5) had saved, would have been; 6) had not had, should not have been; 7) had sat, would have got.
26. 1) well; 2) well; 3) good; 4) well; 5) good; 6) good; 7) good; 8)well; 9) good; 10) well; 11)good; 12) good.
© GENLING.RU, 2001-2021
При использовании материалов сайта активная ссылка обязательна:
http://genling.ru/ 'Общее языкознание'