1. В каждой колонке подчеркните слова, в которых гласная буква произносится так же, как и выделенная гласная в первом слове:
apple fish box egg cup candy him drop seen trunch that it stop bed just lay light pole get use flash is shop well uncle ran thing on wheel fruit wait pink snow let lunch sad trick top tree sun face fine rode tent put
2. Образуйте множественное число существительных с помощью суффикса
atom, set, group, work, climate, trade, name, art, play, star, year, idea, sorrow, ray, culture, nature, -doctor, sculpture, teacher, counter, conductor, leaf, life, shelf, knife, wife.
3. Напишите следующие существительные во множественном числе. Укажите, в каких случаях суффикс множественного числа произносится как [s], [z], [iz]:
map - maps [s] atom - atoms [z] cage - cages [iz]
student, party, chair, ring, glass, face, leaf, fat, time, way, university, language, wing, salt, energy, design, book, problem, dictionary, class, change, subject, speech, rule.
4. Перепишите следующие предложения, вставляя данные в скобках существительные в единственном или множественном числе:
1) Ann's father told some funny circus .... The funniest ... was about a giant clown, (story, stories)
2) Many ... live in an apartment house. Tom's ... lives on the fourth floor, (family, families)
3) Do you know the name of this ... ? The travellers will see many .... (country, countries)
4) Ben's dog has five brown .... One little ... has a flat nose, (puppy, puppies)
5) Small ... laugh and play. Jack's … has a new toy. (baby, babies)
5. Замените существительные с предлогом of существительными в притяжательном падеже:
Образец: the name of my friend - my friend's name
a meeting of students, the flat of my mother-in-law, the rays of the sun, a distance of two miles, the joys of life, the house of his parents, the theatres of Moscow, the children of my sister Mary, the rights of the women.
6. Переведите следующие словосочетания на английский язык, употребляя притяжательный падеж:
письмо моего друга, рассказы этого писателя, библиотека института, дочь моей младшей сестры, младшая дочь моей сестры, стены этого старого дома, старые стены этого дома.
7. Образуйте степени сравнения следующих прилагательных и наречий с помощью суффиксов
Образец: pretty - prettier - (the) prettiest
short, cold, wide, early, big, near, late, fast, small, old, nice, young, large, kind, long, quick, easy;
8. Образуйте степени сравнения следующих прилагательных и наречий с помощью слов more, (the) most:
Образец: important - more important - (the) most important
interesting, caref-ully, comfortable, progressive, efficient, clearly, beautiful, difficult, beautifully, regularly, prominent, brightly, especially, wonderful, realistic, remarkable, special, dependent, attentively.
9. Употребите прилагательные и наречия, данные в скобках, в нужной степени сравнения:
1) My brother is much ... than myself, (young)
2) The opera theatre is one of ... buildings in the city, (beautiful)
3) The sound grew ... and
4) The party was not so … as I had expected. (gay)
5) I have no one … than you. (near)
6) What is the news? (late
7) Yesterday I came home ... than usual, (late)
8) Ann sings far ... than Nina, (well)
9) I like this picture ... of all. (well)
10. Заполните пропуски притяжательными местоимениями, соответствующими личным местоимениям, данным в скобках:
1) (Не) ... composition is very interesting.
2) (We) ... son goes to school.
3) (You) ... sister is young.
4) (They) ... knowledge of the subject is very poor.
5) (He) ... name is John.
6) (I) ... family lives in Kiev.
7) (She) ... friends often visit her.
11. Употребите нужную форму личных местоимений:
1) I often see (they, them) in the bus.
2) She lives near (we, us).
3) (We, us) always walk to school together.
4) He teaches (we, us) English.
5) She sits near (I, me) during the lesson.
6) I always speak to (he, him) in English.
7) What is the matter with (he, him) today?
8) He explains the lesson to (we, us) each morning.
9) There are some letters here for you and (I, me).
10) I know (she, her) and her sister very well.
12. Употребите нужную форму притяжательных местоимений:
1) Would you like to see some of (her, hers) poems?
2) (Their, theirs) knowledge of the subject is not much superior to (our, ours).
3) You take care of (your, yours) things and I'll take care of (my, mine).
4) All (our, ours) clothes were dirty, and (my, mine) especially so.
5) (Their, theirs) boat was faster than (our, ours).
6) I'm afraid they will take (your, yours) word against (her, hers).
7) (Their, theirs) home is pretty but (our, ours) is prettier.
13. Заполните пропуски указательными местоимениями this, that, these, those:
1) All ... is very interesting.
2) ... exercises are very easy.
3) ... will do.
4) ... chair is very, comfortable.
5) ... is my English book.
6) Try one of ... .
7) ... are the TV sets of the latest type.
8) ... office at the end of the hall is the administration office.
9) ... books are over there on the table.
14. Заполните пропуски глаголом to be, употребляя соответствующую форму в Present Indefinite:
1) Не ... a good student.
2) They ... old friends.
3) I ... a teacher.
4) John ... absent from class today.
5) The weather ... good today.
6) The sky ... clear.
7) We ... both students.
8) Mr. Smith ... sick today.
9) She and I ... cousins.
15. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
1) They are in Europe now.
2) She is a clever girl.
3) It is cold today.
4) He is in his office.
5) They are members of the country club.
6) Both sisters are tall.
7) John is angry with you.
8) She is a good tennis player.
9) The stamps are in my desk.
10) She is a good teacher.
11) I am her cousin.
16. Заполните пропуски глаголом to have, употребляя соответствующую форму в Present Indefinite:
1) She ... one sister and two brothers.
2) We ... a large library at school.
3) They ... a new car.
4) She ... green eyes.
5) Helen ... a headache.
6) The secretary ... a new typewriter.
7) Mr. Smith's office ... three large windows.
8) We ... many friends in Moscow.
9) Both brothers ... red hair.
10) Harry's dog ... a long tail.
11) He and I ... many things in common.
17. Употребите оборот there is (are) в следующих предложениях. Переведите их нa русский язык:
1) ... a new moon tonight.
2) ... someone at the door.
3) ... a lot of students absent today.
4) ... three lamps in the room.
5) ... two large windows in the room.
6) But ... only one door.
7) ... a lot of English classes in our school.
8) ... nobody in the room now.
9) ... no one at home.
10) ... twelve months in a year.
11) ... a letter for you on the table.
12) ... several beautiful parks in this city.
18. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: There is a flag on the top of the building. Is there a flag on the top of the building? There isn't a flag on the top of the building.
1) There is a big parade today.
2) There are two lamps in the room.
3) There are ten new words in the lesson.
4) There are enough chairs for everyone.
5) There is a good restaurant near here.
6) There is a comfortable chair in each room.
7) There are many pictures on the walls of our room.
8) There are more than ten sentences in each exercise.
19. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Indefinite:
1) We (read) the newspaper in class every day.
2) He always (prepare) his homework carefully.
3) We always (play) tennis on Saturdays.
4) She (speak) several foreign languages.
5) The children (play) in the park every afternoon.
6) Helen (work) very hard.
7) They (take) a lot of trips together.
8) We always (travel) by car.
9) I (eat) lunch in the cafeteria every day.
20. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: John goes there twice a week. Does John go there twice a week? John doesn't go there twice a week.
1) He knows French perfectly.
2) I understand everything he says.
3) She makes mistakes in spelling.
4) They enjoy their English lessons.
5) They live in Kiev.
6) We use our books in class.
7) The plane leaves at ten o'clock.
8) She always comes to class late.
9) I always take the same bus to work.
21. Образуйте повелительное наклонение и его отрицательную форму. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: (Tell) her about it. Tell her about it. - Скажи ей об этом. Don't tell her about it. - He говори ей об этом.
1) (Give) this to John. 2) (Open) the door. 3) (Close) the door.
4) (Telephone) him in the morning. 5) (Let) him talk with her. 6) (Turn) off the light. 7) (Leave) your hat on the chair. 8) (Lend) me a pencil. 9) (Help) him with his homework.
22. Заполните пропуски глаголом to be в Past Indefinite:
1) Ann ... absent from school yesterday.
2) The exercises in the last lesson ... difficult.
3) She ... in the same class as Nick last year.
4) We ... tired after our long walk.
5) The weather yesterday ... very warm.
6) There ... a lot of students absent from class yesterday.
7) I ... hungry after so many exercises.
8) I ... busy all day yesterday.
9) We ... good friends for many years.
23. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: They were in the park. Were they in the park? They were not in the park.
1) We were pleased to receive your letter.
2) The door of the office was open.
3) The wind last night was very strong.
4) He and his brother were sick two days ago.
5) There were few passengers in the compartment.
6) There was a very interesting lecture last Monday.
7) There were two examinations last spring.
8) There was a large picture in her room.
24. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Indefinite:
1) We (work) in our garden all day yesterday.
2) I (listen) to the radio until twelve o'clock last night.
3) He always (want) to learn English.
4) Ann and I (talk) over the telephone yesterday.
5) They (live) in France for many years.
6) The meeting (last) about two hours.
7) I (wait) almost two hours for Helen yesterday.
8) She (study) in our class last semester.
9) We (watch) television until eleven o'clock last night.
25. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: Не prepared his lesson well. Did he prepare his lesson well? He didn't prepare his lesson well.
1) They stayed in Moscow all summer. 2) She planned her work well. 3) The crowd waited a long time to see the famous actor. 4) He worked in that Institute for many years. 5) We arrived home late. 6) He entered this class in April. 7) Ann passed all her examinations. 8) The meeting lasted a long time. 9) They travelled there by train. 10) She decided to write a letter to her parents at home.
26. Образуйте Past Indefinite и Participle II от следующих глаголов. Проверьте себя по таблице неправильных глаголов*:
* (Английский язык, I курс / Сост. А. П. Грызулина и др.- М., 1985. )
to build, to think, to go, to see, to give, to meet, to write, to read, to know, to take, to teach, to feel, to have, to come, to begin, to find, to get, to say, to tell, to put, to leave, to do, to sing, to lose, to stand.
27. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Indefinite. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) I (forget) to bring my notebook to class yesterday.
2) The telephone (ring) twice but no one answered it.
3) George (think) about his troubles continuously.
4) Last year Professor Johnes (teach) us both English and mathematics.
5) I (lose) my English book yesterday but (find) it later.
6) The Petrovs (take) their two children to the South with them.
7) He (tell) the whole story to us.
8) The meeting (begin) at ten o'clock yesterday.
9) They (go) to the park after the lesson.
28. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной форме, употребляя вопросительные слова, данные в скобках:
Образец: Не arrived at ten o'clock. (What time) What time did he arrive?
1) They sat in the first row. (In which row)
2) The performance lasted two hours. (How long)
3) He went to Leningrad to see some friends. (Why)
4) She put the mail on my desk. (Where)
5) He walked to school with Mary. (Whom with)
6) They spoke to us in French. (In what language)
7) He arrived home very late. (When)
29. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной форме, употребляя вопросительные слова who, what:
Образец: My friend likes music very much. Who likes music very much?
1) She wants to visit Moscow.
2) Speech is a kind of vibration.
3) Painting is an ancient art.
4) He collects the paintings of old masters.
5) Every substance is a kind of matter.
6) Metals are the best conductors of heat.
7) The Romans made portraits in stone.
8) Poor lighting makes a piece of sculpture look uninteresting.
9) We know little about early painters.
30. Заполните пропуски глаголом to be в Future Indefinite:
1) She ... our new teacher.
2) These exercises ... very difficult for you.
3) They ... glad to see their old friends.
4) There ... many examinations next term.
5) There ... a new club in our town next year.
6) We ... very tired after the long walk.
7) I ... happy to be here again.
8) We ... interested in his progress.
31. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future Indefinite:
1) Helen (find) the book which you need.
2) They (see) us tomorrow.
3) I (finish) the work in April.
4) The shops (close) at noon today.
5) We (arrive) at three o'clock.
6) She (tell) you all about it.
7) We (spend) two months in the South.
8) The plant (die) because of lack of sunshine.
9) The meeting (begin) at eight o'clock.
10) The film (last) an hour.
32. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: They will arrive at three o'clock. Will they arrive at three o'clock? They won't arrive at three o'clock.
1) They will return in October.
2) These exercises will be easy for you.
3) He will be able to meet us later.
4) Our drama society will present a new play this year.
5) The lesson will be over at twelve o'clock.
6) There will be three new students in the class.
7) She will leave a message on the table for him.
8) They will write to us on Wednesday.
9) We shall take the children to the park.
33. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Continuous:
Образцы: 1) Look! It (begin) to rain. Look! It is beginning to rain. 2) They (wait) for us on the corner now. They are waiting for us on the corner now.
1) I see that you (wear) your new suit today.
2) Listen! Someone (knock) at the door.
3) The bus (stop) for us now.
4) Please, be quiet! The baby (sleep).
5) The leaves (begin) to fall from the trees.
6) John (have) lunch in the cafeteria now.
7) Listen! I think the telephone (ring).
8) Ann seems to be very busy. I guess she (prepare) her English lesson.
34. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: They are working. Are they working? They aren't working.
1) You are doing that exercise correctly.
2) He is looking for the book which he lost.
3) All the birds are flying south.
4) The sky is getting very dark.
5) They are laughing at what you said.
6) They are travelling in Europe at present.
7) Helen is taking dancing lessons at the country club.
8) Mr. Evans is writing a series of articles on the economic situation.
9) Ann is doing well in her studies at present.
35. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Continuous:
Образцы: 1) They (eaf) dinner when we came. They were eating dinner when we came. 2) It (rain) when I left home. It was raining when I left home.
1) When you telephoned, I (have) dinner.
2) The baby (sleep) soundly when I went to wake him.
3) She (talk) with Mr. Smith when I saw her in the hall.
4) The accident happened while they (travel) in the South.
5) When I got up this morning, the sun (shine) brightly.
6) At seven o'clock, when you telephoned, I (read) the newspaper.
7) Mary (play) the piano when I arrived.
8) Helen fell just as she (get) off the bus.
9) The wind (blow) hard when I came to work this morning.
36. Употребите глаголы, данные в скобках, в Future Continuous:
Образец: At ten o'clock tomorrow morning she (have) her music lesson. At ten o'clock tomorrow morning she will be having her music lesson.
1) I (wait) on the corner for you at the usual time tomorrow morning.
2) It probably (rain) when you get back.
3) If you come before six, I (work) in my garden.
4) At this time tomorrow afternoon I (take) my final English examination.
5) If we go there now, they (have) dinner. But if we go later, they (watch) television.
6) At this time next year he (study) at the university.
37. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: They developed a new method of teaching. A new method of teaching was developed by them. - Новый метод обучения был разработан ими.
1) The audience enjoyed the concert very much.
2) The little boy ate the cake.
3) The teacher corrects our exercises at home.
4) They started a dancing class last week.
5) Everybody will see this film soon.
6) The teacher returned our written work to us.
7) Mr. Smith will leave the tickets at the box-office.
8) The students translate texts during the lessons.
9) Mary took that book from the desk.
38. Замените в следующих предложениях страдательный залог действительным. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Образец: This letter was written by John. John wrote this letter. - Джон написал это письмо.
1) The entire city was destroyed by the fire.
2) The lecture was attended by many people.
3) The book will be published in spring.
4) The class is taught by Mr. Smith.
5) It was designed by a French engineer.
6) This book is always read by the students of the first course.
7) The letter was left on the table.
8) The house was struck by lightning.
9) The cries of the child were heard by everyone.
39. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: Не was sent to New York. Was he sent to New York? He was not sent to New York.
1) The first prize was won by John.
2) Our exercises are corrected each night by the teacher.
3) The mail is delivered at ten o'clock.
4) The construction of the bridge will be finished this year.
5) The contract will be signed tomorrow.
6) His report was listened to with great interest.
7) The film is much spoken about.
8) All the letters are looked through by the secretary.
9) All these books were published by this publishing house.
40. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на Participle I и Participle II:
1) Finished with his breakfast, he remained for some time at the table, looking through the newspapers. 2) Before solving the problem, they had to consult the expert. 3) The leaves touched by the morning sun began to come out. 4) The flowers standing in the vase were brought by the pupils. 5) Writing a letter I heard a knock at the door. 6) I like pictures painted by this artist. 7) When asked about it, she couldn't give a definite answer. 8) Engineers working at big plants in our country are trained at our institute.
41. Заполните пропуски относительными местоимениями who, whom, which. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) The film ... we saw last night was not good.
2) She is the girl ... I saw at the party yesterday.
3) This is the kind of exercise ... I like best.
4) Was it Helen ... said that?
5) The book ... I read last night was very interesting.
6) Is this the book ... you lost?
7) The teacher with ... I studied English last year no longer teaches in our school.
42. Заполните пропуски соответствующими артиклями. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) ... man whom Mr. Smith telephoned this morning is here now. 2) ... book which I am reading now belongs to John. 3) There … pencil on the desk. 4) She is ... good teacher. 5) Is this book which you need? 6) I want to buy ... new briefcase, good book is always a pleasure for me. 8) It is ... good idea. 9) ... picture painted by the student is beautiful.
43. Заполните пропуски соответствующими предлогами. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) Не thanked me ... my interest ... the matter. 2) This book belongs ... our teacher. 3) We all went ... a walk ... the park. 4) Nick usually sits ... this desk. 5) I make many mistakes ... spelling. 6) The man walked quickly ... the room and sat down, 7) She spends a lot ... time ... her English. 8) We read ... the accident ... the newspaper this morning. 9) They told me ... their trip ... the North.
44. Образуйте существительные от следующих глаголов с помощью суффиксов -еr, -or, -merit, -ation, -ion. Переведите существительные на русский язык:
Образцы: 1) to teach: teacher - учитель 2) to inform: information - информация
to introduce, to work, to develop, to collect, to visit, to write, to contribute, to educate, to wait, to settle, to approach, to complete, to create, to build.
45. Образуйте прилагательные от следующих существительных с помощью суффиксов -able, -ible, -al, -ic, -ful. Переведите прилагательные на русский язык:
respect, response, nation, science, wonder, pay, care, advice, skill, comfort.
46. Образуйте наречия от следующих прилагательных с помощью суффикса -lу. Переведите наречия на русский язык:
bad, quick, correct, sudden, loud, easy, free, especial, careful, secret.
Ключ к контрольно-тренировочным упражнениям
1. candy, that, flash, ran, sad;
him, it, is, thing, pink, trick;
drop, stop, shop, on, top;
bed, get, well, let, tent;
trunch, just, uncle, lunch, sun.
4. 1) stories, story; 2) families, family; 3) country, countries; 4) puppies, puppy; 5) babies, baby.
6. my friend's letter; this writer's stories; the institute's library; my younger sister's daughter; my sister's younger daughter; this old building's walls; this building's old walls.
9. 1) younger; 2) the most beautiful; 3) fainter, fainter; 4) gay;
5) nearer; 6) latest; 7) later; 8) better; 9) best.
10. 1) his; 2) our; 3) your; 4) their; 5) his; 6) my; 7) her.
11. 1) them; 2) us; 3) we; 4) us; 5) me; 6) him; 7) him; 8) us; 9) me; 10) her.
12. 1) her; 2) their, ours; 3) your, mine; 4) our, mine; 5) their, ours;
6) your, hers; 7) their, ours.
13. 1) that; 2) these; 3) that; 4) this; 5) this; 6) these; 7) these;
8) that; 9) those.
14. 1) is; 2) are; 3) am; 4) is; 5) is; 6) is; 7) are; 8) is; 9) are.
15. 1) Are they in Europe now? They are not in Europe now.
2) Is she a clever girl? She is not a clever girl.
3) Is it cold today? It is not cold today.
4) Is he in his office? He is not in his office.
5) Are they members of the country club? They are not members of the country club.
6) Are both sisters tall? Neither of the sisters is tall.
7) Is John angry with you? John is not angry with you.
8) Is she a good tennis player? She is not a good tennis player.
9) Are the stamps in my desk? The stamps are not in my desk.
10) Is she a good teacher? She is not a good teacher.
11) Am I her cousin? I am not her cousin.
16. 1) has; 2) have; 3) have; 4) has; 5) has; 6) has; 7) has; 8) have; 9) have; 10) has; 11) have.
17. 1) there is; 2) there is; 3) there are; 4) there are; 5) there are;
6) there is; 7) there are; 8) there is; 9) there is; 10) there are; 11) there is; 12) there are.
19. 1) read; 2) prepares; 3) play; 4) speaks; 5) play; 6) works;
7) take; 8) travel; 9) eat.
22. 1) was; 2) were; 3) was; 4) were; 5) was; 6) were; 7) was; 8) was;
9) were. 24. 1) worked; 2) listened; 3) wanted; 4) talked; 5) lived; 6) lasted,
7) waited; 8) studied; 9) watched.
27. 1) forgot; 2) rang; 3) thought; 4) taught; 5) lost, found; 6) took;
7) told; 8) began; 9) went.
30. 1) will be; 2) will be; 3) will be; 4) will be; 5) will be; 6) shall be; 7) shall be; 8) shall be.
31. 1) will find; 2) will see; 3) shall finish; 4) will close; 5) shall arrive; 6) will tell; 7) shall spend; 8) will die; 9) will begin; 10) will last.
37. 1) was enjoyed; 2) was eaten; 3) are corrected; 4) was started;
5) will be seen; 6) was returned; 7) will be left; 8) are translated; 9) was taken.
38. 1) destroyed; 2) attended; 3) will publish; 4) teaches; 5) designed; 6) read; 7) left; 8) struck; 9) heard.
42. 1) the; 2) the; 3) a; 4) a; 5) the; 6) a; 7) a; 8) a; 9) the.
43. 1) for, in; 2) to; 3) for, in; 4) at; 5) in; 6) across; 7) of, on; 8) about, in; 9) about, to.
© GENLING.RU, 2001-2021
При использовании материалов сайта активная ссылка обязательна:
http://genling.ru/ 'Общее языкознание'